University Vision & Mission
Hormuud University aims at becoming unique national center in education for engineering and other scientific specialties.
Providing quality education through the support and development of suitable academic environment for the benefit of the nation and Humanity.
- Provide higher education opportunity for Somali society and other citizens to participate the development and building their country.
- To prioritize applied science and technology by the side of social science, Humanity, and societal culture.
- To prioritize postgraduate and research education to apply regional development.
- Creating the appropriate environment for intellectual and emotional interaction between students of different cultures, including the meanings of brotherhood and solidarity.
- Spread tolerance, moderation and mediation values.
In order to achieve the above objectives the university is committed to:
- Providing tertiary education to secondary school graduates.
- Designing appropriate training packages for adults and adolescents whose education was disrupted by conflict.
- Providing access to training for civil servants who need to enhance their skills in the workplace.
- Building the technical and professional capacity for whole.
Hormuud University is committed to:
- Academic excellence
- Search for goodness
- Serve to society
- Value excellence, quality and service
- Foster innovation and creativity
- Freedom from discrimination