In this regard, the aphorism of the department is the provision of responsive, effective and efficient ICT services at all times. The department therefore accepts criticism from its various stakeholders which will drive and stretch it to reach and offer world class ICT services at Hormuud University. We have an open-door policy and thus welcome all and miscellaneous to our department anytime.
ICT Unit Roles And Responsibilities
The department’s major offerings are internet and email service, integrated university management system, website, networking, procurement and maintenance of various ICT hardware and software, information security and advisory role in ICTs.
- Create and manage the physical layer connectivity of new and existing campuses, buildings, classrooms, offices and laboratories.
- Creating acceptable use policy for the network and Internet.
- Servers, file services and storage.
- Secure the network from Internal and external threats, ensuring that to install each device with Antivirus and security.
- Desktop hardware and software (acquisition, maintenance and support).
- Network printing, email, calendar and mailing lists.
- Administrative systems support (such as Database).
- Student computing support (such as student labs, residence networking).
- Implement and manage Digital Library infrastructure.