The Hormuud University library enhances and supports students’ research and other educational programs with innovative services. The library intends to learning, research, and teaching needs for students, faculty and staff.
Library focus on Engineering, Business, Management, Agriculture and Arts, as well as other reading and supporting for reference books.
The library has a suitable environment for reading, researching and related works. Library users can access thousands of online books and journals that help researchers and students.
And Electronics Lab
The electrical and Electronics lab are designed for teaching Engineering undergraduate students, supporting them during their practical experimental projects (BEng courses).
PCs with specialized electronic design software, each computer is installed with the following software:
- Multisim (circuit drawing and simulation)
- MATLAB (mathematical modelling)
- MPLAB IDE (programming pic chip microprocessors)
- Arduino (programming Arduino series of microcontrollers)
Oscilloscopes (Digital and Analogue)
This is an electronic testing instrument that allows you to observe varying signal voltages, enabling you to measure the change of an electrical signal over a period of time.
Function generators are instrumental to the development and maintenance of electronic equipment. They generate different types of electrical waveforms over a wide range of frequencies, allowing the user to evaluate the piece of equipment they are testing under different frequencies.
Analogue Training Kits
These development and training kits allow analogue circuits to be assembled for testing or demonstration of circuit performance. Components, such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors and operational amplifiers are plugged into a large board and connected together.
Breadboards are pivotal pieces of equipment used to build circuit prototypes as this requires no joining. The lab also has a number of other instruments specific to undergraduate student final year individual or group projects, ranging from power supplies up to 10 amps, function and pulse generators, counters, phase shifters and electrometers, electrical machines labs as well.
Hormuud University Civil Engineering Labs
Civil engineering Labs are designed for teaching CE undergraduate students, supporting them during their practical experimental projects (BEng courses).
Geo-technical Engineering Laboratory
- Every Civil engineering and Engineering geology students will practice in the geotechnical engineering lab during, Soil Mechanics. Students will perform a number of experiments, including: soil classification, compaction, permeability, direct shear testing and cyclical triaxial testing.
- Students have an opportunity to work with reliable, proven technologies and modern, exciting machines that still provide the hands-on learning experience crucial to a successful engineering education.
Building Material Lab
The Building Material Lab is equipped with experimental setup required for study of properties of various building materials.
Materials And Mechanics Laboratory
- Civil Engineering Materials, a requirement for all civil engineering students, receive coordinated lecture and lab time. If students learn about the strength of concrete in class, they will mix their own concrete and test its strength in the lab.
- Machines in the materials lab test the strength of concrete, polymers, steel and wood.
- Civil engineering undergraduate students learn in the same labs graduate students use for research. The shared workspace gives undergraduates an opportunity to observe projects they may one day work on.
- The department will enhance student experience beyond strength tests, as it improves toughness tests to each of the four materials over the several years.
- Students create a visual representation of potential flow using our laminar flow table and the flow of water, ink and vacuums collaborated by our construction partners.
- A large water flume allows students to calculate water pressure and flow. The flume is complete with a board that can be raised and lowered, allowing for irrigation and standing wave simulations.
- Students work with different pipe systems. These stations feature pipes with different diameters, different valves, levels of friction and pressure. Students calculate the effects of major and minor losses on the pipe systems.
The hydraulics and environmental engineering labs are located in KM13.
The geo technical engineering research lab (KM13 Hall) and geotechnical engineering teaching lab (KM13 Hall). The proximity of these labs allows and encourages collaboration and the sharing of resources between our graduate, undergraduate students and Construction company patterns.
Building Planning And Drawing Lab
Building planning and drawing lab in civil engineering is used for make the plan of any building, structure, etc. The various plan model of this lab is generally Study model of two-story building, Study model of bifurcated stair, Study model of open well stair, Study model of flush door, Study model of racking shore, model of ventilated door, Study model of laced & bracing, Study model of fully panel door, Study model of half panel & half glazed door etc.
Fluid Mechanics Lab
A basic knowledge of Fluid mechanics is essential for all the civil engineers as they frequently come across a variety of problems involving flow of fluids, force of fluid on structural surfaces and many more. This laboratory is used for experimentation on the properties and behavior of fluids.
The CAD Lab is designed for teaching Engineering undergraduate students with AutoCAD software and is extensively used for design and drawing. The knowledge gained in the lab eventually equips the students to provide quality service once employed in the industry.
Hormuud University Geology Lab
The Geology lab is used for experiments related to crystallography and mineralogy, soil mechanics. State-of-the-art facilities are also available for experiments on structural geology.
The survey lab is used for surveying exercises and is equipped with all latest instrumentation viz levels, total stations, and GPS receivers sets for conducting ground surveying works.