Hormuud University Career
HU is an "Employer of Choice"
Here you will find career connections and resources related to Hormuud University professional staff and faculty opportunities through Hormuud University Human Resources and information about University student and alumni employment through Career Services.
We encourage every employee has the opportunity to participate in a performance development program that aligns with our core values. Also, we have created an inspiring working environment and are always looking for people who can both contribute and benefit from it.
So, if you are passionate about what you do, and interested in what we do, search our current roles now.
Salary: (dependent on grade).
Closing Date: Sunday 20 June 2021.
Date: To be confirmed.
Hormuud University is a large and miscellaneous place to study. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success.
Our University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment. Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate staff, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance is producing some of the country’s most employable graduates.
The popularity of our courses and the strength have created some exciting opportunities to expand our academy.
We invite applications who are obsessive about digital transformation and its impact across the curriculum. You will have opportunity to demonstrate your expertise in undertaking Lecturing and in the delivery of our Engineering Courses, particularly related to undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering. Located in Mogadishu, the Faculty of Engineering is a blossoming, vibrant, and inspiring learning community committed to excellence in research, high quality teaching and impactful industrial engagement.
You will support student experience through managing taught programmes and delivery, in specifically, BEng, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering departments as well.
- You will pursue research in your expertise area or join an existing research group
- You will undertake personal tutoring
- You will develop internal and external networks
You will have the ability to teach across a variety of different areas related to mechanical engineering at undergraduate courses.
- You have a record of contributing to the knowledge in your discipline or leading-edge industrial experience
- You will have either academic experience or proven communication skills and a commitment to excellence and innovation in learning and teaching, putting student experience at the heart of everything you do.
- Computer Aided Design
- MATLAB (mathematical modelling)
- Machine design
- Energy harvesting
- Engineering Materials and Manufacturing Processes.
- Modelling and advance simulation of material dynamics
The specific requirements for each role are detailed in the relevant job descriptions so applicants are advised to review these carefully before making an application.
In return for your dedication and hard work, you can expect great ongoing personal and professional development, plus the following main benefits;
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the curriculum
- The opportunity to work with a highly motivated and diverse team of academics
- Sickness/absence entitlement
- Library facilities on all campuses
- Free Internet on all campuses
- Car parking
Selection & Interview Procedure
Candidates wishing to have an informal discussion regarding the post should contact Mr. Ibrahim Mohamed Ali: email@example.com